Saturday, February 19, 2011

Sandwich Saturday!


I've been trying to clean out my pantry and freezer and came across a big packaged of sliced roast beef left over from goodness knows when.  I defrosted it and decided it wasn't too worse for wear and contemplated what to do with it.  I combined it with some onions, brie and arugula and made this FABO sandwich.  It was so good, I've made it twice in two weeks.  Everyone loved it, even the Littlest Little Mouth when I left off the onions and anything green.  

Metro Cast Iron Panini Press #1108Speaking of Paninis.  What kind of press do you use?  I have one like this, that doubles as a grill pan.  FYI, I figured out it you heat the top on a separate burner before smashing it down on the sandwiches, it works better.  The only drawback is that I can only make two sandwiches at a time, so those first two get a little...less fresh and hot while I'm making sandwich three.  Not too big of a deal, as the Little Mouths really don't like their stuff to be too hot.  But it would be nice to have something bigger when other adults are around. 

Like this:Calphalon HE600CG Removable-Plate Nonstick Countertop GrillDoes anyone have one?  Do you love it or does it just eat in to your counter space?  Please advise!


Roast Beef and Brie Panini



1 sliced sweet onion
1 small clove of garlic
6 slices of roast beef
2 oz. Brie
Small handful of arugula
Bread of your choice
Salt and Pepper
Olive oil or butter for the outside of the bread

Slice the sweet onion and saute with a bit of olive oil or butter.  Cut the roast beef into slices and brown with the onions.  Spread Brie onto two of the slices of bread.  I used day old No Knead Bread.  Add the roast beef/onion mixture, top with arugula, spray the outside of the bread with oil or coat with butter and put into preheated press. 

Thumbs up from all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...