Tuesday, December 29, 2009

New Blog!

Hello friends!

Welcome to my new blog...Big Mama, Little Mouths.

In September 2009, I issued a challenge to my friends...make a new recipe six out of seven days a week for the month of September. I thought it would be fun exchange recipes and break up the monotony of cooking the evening meal. And boy does mac and cheese and chicken nuggets get monotonous.

But no one took me up on my challenge. I did it anyway and faithfully updated my Facebook friends each day. I had a ball and learned a lot more than I bargained for. Mostly I learned that it takes as much time and effort to cook good food, as it does bad and by the end of the experiment, I realized I liked to cook. It was no longer such a chore. Preparing dinner became a welcome part of the say...soothing instead of stressful...and my children ate better and were happier with a healthy meal in their little tummies.

Here's a link to a story my friend Cathy wrote about me in our local newspaper.

http://www.newssentinel.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20091215/LIVING/912150306

We've been continuing to find new and fun things to cook, but it's always a challenge. I created this blog as way to keep myself on task. I don't want to slip back into my pre-challenge, drive-thru days.

So come along with me for the ride. Leave comments, tips, ideas and questions...it will be fun!


Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...