Saturday, December 3, 2011

Rockin' Recipe -- Garlic Mashed Potatoes



I have tried to find a recipe for wonderful garlic mashed potatoes like the ones at Eddie Merlot's.



I have gone to this wonderful STEAK restaurant and ordered JUST mashed potatoes.  Okay, they had a little lobster stirred in...but to me, their Lobster Garlic Mashed and a Caesar Salad is just one short stop from heaven.

But I have never been able to duplicate them...even sans the lobster because the Little, Little Mouth is highly allergic and I don't want to have to break out the epi-pen.

I have boiled the garlic with the potatoes, oven roasted it in a clay pot, simmered it in cream and butter on the stove for three hours etc. etc. etc. But I've never found a way to prepare them that was even in the same stratosphere as EM's.

But last night, a friend came to dinner.  I boiled the potatoes in salty water and added just one ingredient.


Totally simply.  Total party in your mouth.

There's even a buy one/get one coupon out right now.  So good and thumbs up from Big Mama and Little Mouths alike!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...