Monday, December 10, 2012

Are you on the naughty or nice list?

The Little Mouths found out today when they came home and found this package on our doorstep!






Inside the package was this "CHAIN OF LOVE"



and a note from Santa that certain Little Mouths had better mind their P's and Q's or risk not making the Nice List this year. In particular, Mr. Claus asked them to work on their relationship to with one another.

Here's an excerpt from their letter:

While going over my list of boys and girls, I noticed that this year has been a more difficult year for both of you. It can be very hard to always remember to be very kind to your brother or sister. 

Your poor, sainted mother is beside herself. It is very upsetting to her when you fight and don't get along. She always wanted a brother or sister and it makes her SO sad when you fight and act unkindly towards one another.

In fact, the other night she said a prayer that thew of you would find it in your hearts to treat one another better. She said it's all she really wants for Christmas. Now, let me tell you, the way you two carry on sometimes, I think it will take a Christmas Miracle for you two learn to get along. But then Christmas Miracles are what I specialize in.  

In this bag is a Chain of Love. Each day, I want you to read that days piece of the chain and work together to do what it says. Because you see, when there is love in our hearts, we can do anything. Good deeds make the love that's already in our hearts grow and grow. The more nice things we do for each other, our families, our friends and even complete strangers, the more love we have to share...even with our brothers and sisters.

I will soon be checking my good list and I hope to see your names. Mrs. Claus and I know you are capable of doing much better. You can do this and you'll make all of those who love you, including me, very proud of you. We Believe in YOU!

 

Now, Big Mama is an only child and I'm not used to such frightening things as sibling rivalry and brother/sister squabbles. Apparently, Santa thinks this kind of behavior is frighting too. Because he's put my Little Mouths on notice! It's time to shape up and he's given them a plan in which to do it.

Big Mama thinks this is a great idea. You see, I was trying to thing of something to do myself. Elf on a Shelf was out, the Little Mouths think he's creepy. But I really, really wanted to do something because I'm not sure why, but this year in particular, the commercialization of the Christmas holidays is getting on my last nerve. The Little Mouths want more and more and I want them to be content with less and less.  This is not a tug of war I'm likely to win, but I try.

My Christmas shopping is complete and Big Mama solemnly swears I will NOT purchase anything else.  I am not a good early shopper.  Finishing early doesn't really help me to spend less, it just gives me more time to add to the pile of gifts under the tree. 

But this year, I wanted to try something new. Something that would get the Little Mouths excited about Christmas but not add to the clutter in our house and or be too expensive.

I loved this idea I saw Pinterest



http://lillightomine.com/light-em-up-2012.php

But the jar part really doesn't work for us.  There is something on our calendar every day between now and Christmas, so I need to be able to orchestrate what happens on what day, but still make it a fun activity for the kids.

This blog is also really cool!  So many wonderful ideas for RAK's! (Random Acts of Kindness)

http://www.366randomacts.org/

I'm so lucky that Santa listens to the wishes of Big Mama's and not just little mouths...because he did all the work for me!   This year we will wing our way to Christmas with Chains of Love!!

Because shouldn't we be all bound to each other by love? Wouldn't the world be at better place if we remembered we are all linked together? Each person, each family in our community...in our world is irrevocably dependent on one another?


Santa even sent this book to Big Mama's iPad. It's a great story about how Saint Nicholas learned to love giving at Christmas.



It was a great book and I think it inspired the first mission on our Chain of Love.  I'll post about it tomorrow.  I can't wait to see what the Chain of Love has in store for us!  Stay tuned as I blog about our adventures each day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...