Friday, September 9, 2011

Big Mama's Green Goddess Dressing

I think every Little Mouth in the world loves ranch dressing, and my little mouths are no exception. However, there aren't a lot of ingredients on that label that I can pronounce, let alone spell.

With our profusion of fresh herbs from out CSA box, Big Mama set out to find an alternative, and I think I did a pretty good job.  This dressing has more zip than traditional ranch and a fresh green color, thus the name.

I made mine more of a dip consistancy because I was using it on burgers and and on some potato wedges.  Note the milk or buttermilk is optional for consistancy.

Big Mama's Green Goddess Dressing

1/2 cup mayonaise (I used Kraft Olive Oil Mayo)
1/2 cup sour cream (I used light)
2 Scallions roughly chopped
10 basil leaves rougly chopped
1 clove garlic
Salt and Pepper to taste
1/4 cup of milk or buttermilk to correct consistancy, optional

Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...