Thursday, January 7, 2010

Croque Mama

I LOVE the Barefoot Contessa. I want to be her when I grow up. And I want to be married to Jeffery, but that is a whole different post on how I also love nerdy guys...but I digress.

She has a wonderful recipe for Croque Monsieur and another for Ham and Cheese in Puff Pastry. Now, puff pastry has just about got to be the most divine thing I have ever eaten. Layers of BUTTER, what could be better than that?

Croque Mama

1 sheet puff pastry (The Little Mouths prefer cresent rolls)
4 slices thinly sliced baby swiss
4 slices thinly sliced ham
4 slices thinly sliced Provelone
4 slices thinly sliced hard salami
4 slices thinly sliced peperoni
1 egg

Preheat over to 400 degrees.  Cut puff pastry sheet in half and place in shallow baking dish.  Layer all of the meats and cheeses then top with other half.  You can stop here and refrigerate for 1-2 days. 

Beat egg and brush over the top.  Place in oven until crust is golden and cheese has melted, about 10 minutes. 

The Little Mouths give this dish two thumbs up, even if I don't use Creasant Rolls.

Big Mama gives this recipe thumbs up, all around for Easy Cooking, Cost, Taste and fix-ahead-ability.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...