Saturday, January 9, 2010

Slumber Party Pancakes

The girls at my daughter's sleepover last night pronounced these pancakes, "The Bomb"

Making pancakes isn't my favorite thing to do, but since the little mouths love them so much, I created a recipe that's worth the effort.  I think it's the orange zest that makes the difference.  I actually prefer the lemon, but the Little Mouths say orange all the way.

Slumber Party Pancakes

2 Cups Baking Mix (like Bisquick)
1 1/3 Cup Milk
2 Tablespoons Sugar
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
1 Egg
Zest of a half and orange or lemon

Butter and Syrup, my kids like to dip it out of my fancy Olive Oil bowls.

Don't worry about left over pancake batter.  It can be stored in the frige for a couple of days.  I usually make up all of the pancakes, though, and freeze them between layers of parchment.  A few seconds in the microwave and the Little Mouths have a hot breakfast on a cold morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...