Friday, January 21, 2011

Smoooooottttthhiiiieeee, anyone?

Since it will be a few weeks until the CSA boxes start arriving, I thought I'd fill in with a few new recipes.  One thing that Big Mama and Little Mouths agree on when it comes to food is ice cream.  We love, love, love it.  Can not get enough of it. 

But unfortunately, Big Mama's be-hind has definitely had enough of it...so what to do.  The next best thing.  Smoothies.

Fresh Market had blueberries on special this week and that inspired this recipe...  I added the milk flavoring (found next to the Quick and Ovaltine) because it was very tart when I finished.  You could also add sugar or sugar substitute.

Blueberry-Pomegranate Smoothie

1 Frozen Banana
1/2 cup pomegranate juice
1 carton of Greek yogurt (or whatever you have on hand)
1/2 cup blueberries
1 packet vanilla milk favoring (I used sugar free)

Blend in a blender or food processor until smooth.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Found you from the Grocery Cart challenge link up :) I've recently discovered smoothies (got a blender for Christmas), and love making them! A great way to get those veggies snuck into our diets :)

    Tonight I made this combo:
    apple
    clementine
    banana
    strawberry
    spinach
    kale
    yogurt
    coconut milk
    raw honey
    Soooo good!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...