Friday, February 10, 2012

Broccoli-Cauliflower Soup

Last week broccoli and califlower were on sale at our local grocery store. I stocked up because I thought I'd make some purees to use later.

Then I got a terrible cold and pretty much forgot about them in the crisper.

In search of makings for soup, because of said cold, I found them and decided to make up a new recipe so they didn't go to waste. 

Broccoli-Cauliflower Soup



1 large onion, chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 large clove of minced garlic
1 bunch of broccoli
1 bunch of cauliflower
1 large potato
1 cup white wine (optional)
4 cups of chicken stock
4 cups water
1 package of cream cheese (I used Tofutti cause I love it and it adds a lot of extra nutrition)
1 cup plain Greek yogurt (which I'm still trying to use up)
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Crisp turkey bacon and a dollop of sour cream and chives to garnish

Saute chopped onion in olive oil until just translucent. Add garlic for a minute. Add potatoes, cauliflower, broccoli.  Add white wine to deglaze pan, then add chicken stock and four cups water.

Cover and cook until veggies are very tender.  Blend with an immersion blender, regular blender or a food processor.

At this point, I froze half of the soup because it made A LOT of soup. I will add the dairy ingredients when I heat it up later.

Add cream cheese, yogurt and cheese until melted.  I served it with the cheddar biscuits I'll have on tomorrow.

Thumbs up from big mama and the bigger little mouth. Thumbs down from little, little mouth because it was green and there was no way I was going to get him to eat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...