Saturday, February 11, 2012

Garlic Cheddar Biscuits


I needed something to go with yesterday's soup.  Grilled cheese sounded good and so did BLTs. Then I saw a commercial for Red Lobster and saw a photo of those luscious cheddar biscuits and decided to try to copy.

I think I did a good job, all things considered.

This is what I did...

1 cup biscuit mix, I used Jiffy
2/3 cup milk
1 cup shredded cheddar

Mix these three ingredients together and drop onto greased cookie sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.

While that is in the oven, melt 2 tablespoons of butter and mix in 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic and 1/2 teaspoon dry herb of your choice. I used thyme.

Pull biscuits out of the oven and brush on the butter mixture.  Bake for 10 more minutes or until done.

I had more butter so I actually basted them twice, once at ten minutes and once after baking for 15 minutes. Aren't they pretty?



Thumbs up from everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the recipe but I am not understanding why my dough did not turn out thick and the biscuits were kind of flat.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...