Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Bread Basket -- Buttery Bread Machine Rolls

I took inspiration for these rolls from the instruction booklet of my bread machine, of all places.  I wanted a flaky roll to use for dinner last week and sliders, the next day.  This is what I came up with, and while I'm not getting much better at shaping the rolls, I had 13 instead of 12 and had to squeeze one in, they really were good.




Buttery Bread Machine Rolls


1/2 cup warm milk (70 to 80 degrees F.)
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/8 cup sugar
1 egg
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups bread flour
1 1/8 teaspoons active dry yeast


In bread machine pan, put all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer and select dough setting.
When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Divide dough into 12 (or 13) portions. Roll dough into balls and place in a greased 9X( or round pan.  Cover and let rise in a warm place for 30-45 minutes.  When the rolls have risen to twice their size, bake at 350 degrees for 13-16 minutes or until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...