Monday, February 21, 2011

Menu Monday February 2011, Week Three



I thought we'd try a couple of theme weeks in the last remaining weeks until our CSA starts the week of March 8th.  This week is BLENDER week, one of the most often overlooked but useful of the kitchen appliances. 

For most of us, blenders have gone the way of the Edsal. 

But for me, while there are many of my kitchen gadgets that I love to pieces, my lemon zester alone makes my heart go pitter pat...but my blender holds a special place in my heart. It's not a fancy one, like this:
KitchenAid KSB465WH 4-Speed Countertop Blender with 48-Ounce Polycarbonate Jar, White
or this


Cuisinart SPB-600 SmartPower Deluxe Blender

My blender was a wedding gift for my parent in 1968.  It has seen my through margaritas and middle of the night milkshakes and now my newest fave, smoothies.  It has a few chips and you have to jiggle it just a little bit to get things to mix but I love it just the same.  It looks exactly like this:



Sunday         Shrimp Bisque and Salad with Pomegranate Vinaigrette (Blender Recipe to Follow)
Monday        Turkey Meatloaf and Celery Root Mashed Potatoes (Blender Recipe to Follow)
Tuesday        Orange Glazed Pork Chops Potatoes and Onions
Wednesday  Hamburgers w/Worcestershire Ketchup (Blender Recipe to Follow) and Garlic Fries
Thursday      Dreamy, Creamy Chicken , Rice and and Broccolini
Friday          EAT OUT!
Saturday      Fish Sandwiches with Roasted Garlic Mayonnaise (Blender Recipe to Follow)

Link your meal plan this week to mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...