Monday, November 21, 2011

Seven Days of Thankfulness -- Day Five

Today I am thankful for ALL my family near and far, but for my niece Krista in particular.

She was the first baby born in our family for seventeen years so we dressed her up like a dolly and changed her clothes every twenty minutes. She gave us back Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and a reason to see Disney movies.

She's been my bestest travel companion and dearest girl. She made me see that the most important thing in the world was finding my own daughter. When I wanted to give up, I'd think of her and how she changed our family when she was born. Then I'd pick myself up, fill out one more form, wait one more day...because it would all be worth it if I could have a daughter a tenth as great as she is.

She grew up too fast into a smart, beautiful, vibrant, caring, and amazing woman who I cherrish with all of my heart. (And thank the heavens we didn't spoil too much)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...