Sunday, November 20, 2011

Seven Days of Thankfulness -- Day Four

Biggest, Little Mouth is thankful for having the best Mommy in the world. (I have great kids, don't I?)

Little, Little Mouth is thankful for Angry Birds.

Big Mama is thankful for our home.

Six years ago next month we moved in the middle of a blizzard. I wasn't really ready to move into a subdivision. I hated the cold, white walls, tiny kitchen and dated fixtures. But I loved the space, (we moved from 1000sq. feet to 2800) the basement playroom, the wooded lot and the elementary school where my kids would be safe and happy, practically in the back yard.

Fast forward a few years, or a lifetime if you are the Littlest, Little Mouth. Our home has come to fit us like a favorite pair of jeans we can't wait to ease into after work. Every wall is a different color and while some of the fixtures are new...some are still the 80's throwbacks that remind me of my youth.  My kitchen is still tiny, but it has served me well on my quest to learn to cook. How ironic that I am happiest chopping and dicing and stirring away the afternoon there. Our decor is eclectic and I love it that everywhere I look there is a memory...either from the furniture passed down to me from family or the echoes of dinners full of the laughter of our friends and neighbors.

While it will never be perfect...or even all that clean, this house has served us well. For richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health it has been a sanctuary for labradors and dachshunds, for friends and family...for my children and for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...